So having not posted anything on the Centric blog in quite some time I decided that posting the recipe for these super moist Paleo banana nut muffins was appropriate. There are numerous recipes for Paleo muffins and cookies out there but these take the cake (pun intended). After much tweaking I think they are close to perfection! Enjoy!
"Paleo-ish Banana Nut Muffins"
2 Ripe bananas mashed well, very well
2 eggs whisked, very whisked, not clumpy
1/4 cup coconut oil, or ghee melted (I used ghee, hence the -ish)
1 or 2 TBS raw honey, Stevia (hate it) or Swerve sweetener (depends on how sweet you like your muffins)
1 tsp Vanilla
I tsp vinegar
1 1/2 Cups Almond flour (not Almond meal, too grainy)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Nuts of choice for topping (I used chopped walnuts)
Chocolate chips for topping if desired (Enjoy brand)
- In a small bowl smash the bananas, very well
- Next add the eggs(whisked), vanilla, coconut oil (or ghee), vinegar and honey to the bananas and stir until combined
- In a larger bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture bowl – stir well into a batter
- Next add the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. You may also choose to add as a topping as I did. Stir well
- Pour batter into a muffin tin lined with baking cups, or grease a muffin pan with coconut oil – fill each cup about 3/4 full, this recipe should make 12 muffins
- Bake at 350º F for about 22-25 minutes (oven times and temperatures will vary – test doneness by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean, they're done)
- Store covered in fridge, or you can freeze these to enjoy later!
Try not to eat these all in one sitting. Happy eating!
Share this post